Wireless Surveillance System

I m going to transmit camera images through ZIgbee module.... And i will also connect PIR sensor...so when PIR sensor detects any motion. The camera will capture the image. Here the camera is TTL type JPEG Serial Camera... Zigbee module is connected with 0 and 1 (Tx, Rx) and i will have to connect serial camera with another digital pin suppose 10,11 and i will make this pins UARt using softwareSerial. So give me some advice for making Arduino Sketch... Or give me example code for my project.

Here the camera is TTL type JPEG Serial Camera...

Well, that's probably enough information. Stuff like pixel count, baud rate, bytes/pixel, etc. are overrated anyway.

So give me some advice for making Arduino Sketch...

Start with this:

void setup()
{
}

void loop()
{
}

Add additional code as required.

Or give me example code for my project.

What part of your project as YOU going to do?

Hi,

PaulS is right - some more details would be useful, but in the meantime there are heaps of resources about each piece of your project online that will probably be handy reading for you, and include useful chunks of the sketch that you'll be able to beat into shape.

Adafruit learning centre article on serial camera will cover much of what you need on your camera This Arduino Playground page and another Adafruit tutorial on PiR sensors

There's a heap of info online on using Zigbee but what you do with that depends a great deal on what's going to be at the receiving end, including the software you'll be running there. For a general overview Jeremy Blum's tutorial is probably a good start, and his tutorial series in general is brilliant as a resource to demystify the Arduino ecosystem overall.

Cheers ! Geoff

Thank You so much.... I think these posts will be very much helpful for my project. :)

PaulS:

PaulS:

I want to Transmit camera images through Zigbee…
Zigbee is connected with 0, 1 (Tx, Rx) pins of arduino, Camera is connected with 2 digital pins…suppose 10,11…and i want to make that pins serial. And PIR sensor will be connected to 7,8 pins of arduino.
My project abstract is whenever the PIR sensor detects any motion, the camera should capture an image and controller shoul transmit that image at Tx (Pin 0) which is connected with zigbee module.
I will recieve that image using another zigbee which is connected with PC.
I have attached image so that you can get idea.
So plz give me code for this purpose. Thank You,

sohelmalek12: So plz give me code for this purpose. Thank You,

The links I provided above have samples of code that you can adapt into your project. If you are wanting to hire someone to write your project for you this isn't the forum for that.

Cheers ! Geoff

sohelmalek12:
PaulS:

PaulS:

So plz give me code for this purpose. Thank You,

You know, this is a DIY forum. DIY stands for Do It Yourself. Start writing some code and when you encounter problems and things don’t work as expected/ intended, then we’ll help. The information you’ve provided is not detailed enough to write much more code than PaulS already has provided above :wink:

PaulS:

Here the camera is TTL type JPEG Serial Camera...

Well, that's probably enough information. Stuff like pixel count, baud rate, bytes/pixel, etc. are overrated anyway.

So give me some advice for making Arduino Sketch...

Start with this:

void setup()
{
}

void loop() { }

Add additional code as required.

> Or give me example code for my project.

Well he is paying for all the hardware parts and everyone knows that arduino software code is free. :D

Have you thought about using video motion detection instead of the PIR sensor? How about using WiFi instead of ZigBee? This would avoid the need for special hardware at the receiving side. Good news - you can buy a working security camera that implements all this (and also provides live video streaming, auto-generation of email/text alerts, remove control over pan/tilt) for less that the cost of an Arduino.

If your reason for taking this project on is for the challenge, or as a learning experience, then asking people to give you the working code doesn't make sense. If you just want the end product and think a DIY Arduino solution is the best way to achieve it, I don't think it is.

Well he is paying for all the hardware parts and everyone knows that arduino software code is free. :D

I have created whole arduino code for my application by myself, by learning c language... :P

sohelmalek12: I have created whole arduino code for my application by myself, by learning c language... :P

Congratulations. It's a great feeling.

Did you manage to achieve all you set out to do?

Cheers ! Geoff