Wireless USB for any device?

Hello,
I have a device that is an AKAI MIDIMIX (a mixtable with knobs and faders) that works with just 1 USB cable, basicly it sends values from 0-128 or on/off states for buttons, kinda like a gamepad. And i would like it to be wireless, the only available solution on the market i found is discontinued, and i couldn't find any tutorial to do it.

So i wanna try to do it myself, it should work for lot of devices since it would just translate USB data...probably it would be too slow for some devices, but i think for any input device like keyboard, gamepad it should be ok. Of course i would like to make a tutorial for that with all needed hardware parts and make the software available open source.

So i was thinking:

1 arduino with the USB connected to the device.
-1 simple wireless transmitter and 1 simple wireless receiver connected to this arduino.
-1 battery to power the arduino and the USB device.
(would this work if i power arduino via the 5V power supply? would the USB device gets powered? gotta try it...)
-The code running should get all inputs from the device and transmit them wirelessly to the 2nd arduino (see later),
and listen on the receiver and send all received data back to the USB device.

1 arduino connected to the computer USB port.
-1 simple wireless transmitter and 1 simple wireless receiver connected to this arduino.
-The code would pass all wireless data it receive to the computer,
and send all data from the computer wirelessly to the 1st arduino.

For the wireless modules i thought about this :

But maybe its not the best option, what do you think?
Of course bluetooth adapter is not an option, i need it to be USB on the computer side.

Any info/link appreciated.
Thanks for your time.

EDIT -

I've been told it would be easier to transmit MIDI data, and emulate a MIDI device on the computer
side, for my particular case, of course it would only work for that device then...
With that sort of IC: USB Host - MIDI device software

However there was the kind of thing i'm talking about working at the USB level,
But its discontinued: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/673358-REG/Cables_Unlimited_USB_WR2000_Wireless_USB_Kit_with.html

So apparently, correct me if i'm wrong, it's not possible without USB host capabilities at least for the
arduino that is connected to the USB device...

johnnycage:
So apparently, correct me if i'm wrong, it's not possible without USB host capabilities at least for the
Arduino that is connected to the USB device...

Correct.