Wireless video

So I need a little guidance when it comes to videos or pictures (one every three seconds or so). I would like to transmit them wireless, but from what I have read the arduino does not have the memory to do this and the xbee does not have the speed.

In your expert opinions how would you do this?

In your expert opinions how would you do this?

Wireless IP cam.

What kind of transmitter and receiver would I have to use to transmit that data aprx 2 miles.

What kind of transmitter and receiver would I have to use to transmit that data aprx 2 miles.

With line of sight and directional antennas you might be able to get that distance using a wifi setup.

What kind of high powered transmitter? Would I be able to send the data digitally so that I could also send other data back such as altitude or orientation?

Does the area that you wish to use this in have 3g coverage? There are IP camera apps for Android that could meet your requirements

I need to assume that the area has no 3g but great idea.

KE7GKP: Sending anything resembling decent resolution images in anything resembling "real time" is WAY beyond the capacity of Arduino. Even if you don''t add digital data to the information stream.

You can use Arduino and appropriate wireless modules for sending data, although your "2 miles" requirement will make it a rather difficult and expensive proposition.

But sending video 2 miles will be an order of magnitude more difficult and expensive. If this is a fixed-point project (where both the transmitting and receiving end are stationary and carefully aimed at each other with large antennas), you might be able to pull it off depending on what the interference looks like in your neighborhood. This is not a simple (or inexpensive) thing to do.

What kind of processor would I need to use? If money were not an issue could it be done-short of a satellite?

I want to be able to control a uav - specifically a quad rotor. I want to be able to control it from my computer, probably in lavVIEW. It needs to be able to send back video at a distance of about two miles.

Most of the stuff I have seen for that sends analog video. I was hoping to make it a digital signal that way I could also send some data back with it.

I was hoping to make it a digital signal that way I could also send some data back with it.

Send your data during blanking, like teletext.

Im reading into that. Would I be able to send signal back to the quadrotor with that or just receive data?

Just receive data along with the image. You can't transmit and receive at the same time without a large separation in frequency and some very good filters.

I was hoping to make it a digital signal

No this is way too difficult, generating a QAM signal is not a hobby sort of thing.