Wireless Wet Temperature Probe Data Logger

Greetings! I'm a new Arduino user and I have a specific project that I'm trying to accomplish and ANY help that you guys could provide would be much appreciated!

What I'm hoping to accomplish is to write a program that will allow me to hook up some sort of temperature probe that can be submerged in water to measure its temperature.

From there, I would like to use wireless communication to transmit the measured temperature data to some sort of display that will log the data and possibly chart the data as well.

Right now, I'm just kind of asking for a little guidance. I have been doing a little bit of research on my own but I'm quickly getting overwhelmed. I am currently working with an Arduino Uno starter kit and I'm wondering if maybe there's a similar project somewhere so that I can get an idea of what additional parts I need to accomplish said project.

As mentioned before, any information you guys might have to share will be infinitely appreciated! Thanks!

What is the range of temperatures to be measured? The waterproof LM35 temperature sensor is widely available and there are many tutorials on its use. How far is the data to be transmitted? That will be a big influence on which specific wireless modules to use. There are many types of display. How much data needs to be displayed? Is the display character only or graphical? An SD card is a popular way to store data. As with the LM35 there is much information on their use and libraries to ease their use. Check the playground and learning sections on this site for information, libraries and example code that relate to your project.

What's the budget?
Is there line of sight between the transmitter and display?
Are they both indoors?
Does the display have to be driven by a microcontroller?
Do you have access to a wifi network?

Wireless is a relative term; the degree of relativity often being determined by the transmission range, A few metres? a phone in Vladivostok?

The following uses the DS18B20 sensor which is available in a waterproof package. The data is transmitted via bluetooth to a live graphic display on the phone. It is also stored on a local SD card for subsequent downloading to the same phone, or anywhere else, as a .CSV file for subsequent analysis.

http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~npyner/Arduino/Bluetooth_graphic_5110_DY.ino

In this case a single user is standing casually a few metres from Arduino. A similar process using an Ethernet shield will enable you to broadcast to the world.