Wireless?

1. Is it possible to connect a Diecimillia and a Lilypad wirelessly using this?
  2. If so, how? And, do I need this to program the Lilypad?

Thanks!

1. Yes it is possible, how you do it is another thing.
  2. You don’t NEED that but you need to make a connection somehow and that is as good as any.
  1. Yes it is possible, how you do it is another thing.
  2. You don’t NEED that but you need to make a connection somehow and that is as good as any.

Thanks for the reply!

According to the description, what goes in the “data” wire of the transceiver comes out the “data” wire of the receiver. Shouldn’t it just be a simple matter of wiring “tx” of the Lilypad to the transceiver’s “data” and the “rx” of the Diecimillia to the receiver’s “data”?

There’s a lot of threads here about those transceivers. As they are, there’s no way to guarantee a bit sent is received, and when you haven’t sent for a while it goes into sleep mode and you miss the first bunch of bits when you send.

You can’t just treat it like a serial port, you need to set up a protocol to deal with these issues. Which is not to say they product isn’t any good, just it’s not as plug and play as it seems.

Take a look at VirtualWire–while I haven’t used it myself the packaging is certainly impressive. :slight_smile:

–Phil.

Rather than make a new thread, I thought I would post another question I have here:

Does anyone know where I can buy a $10 servo motor that works with the Arduino?

http://www.dealextreme.com/search.dx/search.servo

Have anyone living in Europe ever ordered something on dealextreme ? Are the shipping fees really free ?

Have anyone living in Europe ever ordered something on dealextreme ? Are the shipping fees really free ?

I have had many orders from them delivered to London, including a number of their servos. The stuff is not the best quality but it is good value for money.

Yes, shipping is free.

http://www.dealextreme.com/search.dx/search.servo

Wow, those are some cheap servos! These will work fine with Arduino? Thanks! :slight_smile:

@mem : thanks for your answer, I guess a dozen servos will land on my desk soon… ^^

@mem : thanks for your answer, I guess a dozen servos will land on my desk soon… ^^

It usually takes just over a week.

Have fun :wink: