Wirelessly recieving data from an arduino at high throughput

Hi,

My project involves recieving data wirelessly from a sensor connected to an arduino to a PC. The catch is that I require the latency to be low. I looked around on the internet and I figure my best bets are :-

1) Xbee 2) Spark core

I searched for code involving xbee and sensors on the internet and I observe most of the examples include a delay(1000) statement. My code (using usb cable) doesn't include a delay statement when I read data from sensors (at 57600). Would I be able to get the same performance using xbee? Please share your experiences

Are you saying that you already have a system working at 57600 baud using the USB cable and you would like to get the same performance over a wireless link?

Put numbers on what you mean by "low latency". I presume you are not confusing latency with throughput?

The delay() function has no place in any serious code - it is just a convenience for quick-and-dirty tests. I presume you are familiar with using millis() for timing as in several things at a time.

...R

anath2:
Hi,

My project involves recieving data wirelessly from a sensor connected to an arduino to a PC. The catch is that I require the latency to be low.
I looked around on the internet and I figure my best bets are :-

1. Xbee
  2. Spark core

I searched for code involving xbee and sensors on the internet and I observe most of the examples include a delay(1000) statement. My code (using usb cable) doesn’t include a delay statement when I read data from sensors (at 57600).
Would I be able to get the same performance using xbee? Please share your experiences

There’s another option that is woth looking at:

1. Nordic NRF24

Yeah I meant high throughput. Thanks a lot for the input.

anath2: Yeah I meant high throughput. Thanks a lot for the input.

If you are still looking for advice please let us know. It would also be a ood idea to correct the title of the Thread (edit your original Post) to catch the attention of people who know about throughput.

...R

t would also be a ood idea to correct the title of the Thread (edit your original Post) to catch the attention of people who know about throughput.

. Done :).

If you are still looking for advice please let us know.

I'll see what I can find close to my place (I don't want to order something online from U.S cause shipping takes aweful lot of time). I'll keep you guys posted