Wiring and interrupts

I am trying to wire pin change interrupts and can’t seem to figure out what is going wrong. Here is an image of my setup, but I am actually using a breadboard. When I only have one channel going to the external interrupt everything works, but its when I add in the second channel that both of them stop working, and I’m not sure why this is

You are shorting 10, 11 and 2. Is this what you want?

LarryD: You are shorting 10, 11 and 2. Is this what you want?

No I don't want to short it, how do I fix it? The problem arises when I connect the second wire to the track running to D2. If there is only one channel splitting to D2 it is fine, they interfere or something if both of them are connected

Not sure what you are doing but try this (use Rising interrupt)

I think the purpose of that diagram is to get two things to cause an external interrupt on Pin2 whereas I think (from what he says) the OP wants to cause pin change interrupts on pins 10 and 11.

All that should be needed is a connection from the interrupt sources to the two pins and a common ground connection. If the source of the interrupts doesn’t hold the pin firmly at 0v or 5v between interrupts then a pullup or pulldown resistor will probably be needed.

Nick Gammon’s webpage is very useful.

…R

Robin2: I think the purpose of that diagram is to get two things to cause an external interrupt on Pin2 whereas I think (from what he says) the OP wants to cause pin change interrupts on pins 10 and 11.

All that should be needed is a connection from the interrupt sources to the two pins and a common ground connection. If the source of the interrupts doesn't hold the pin firmly at 0v or 5v between interrupts then a pullup or pulldown resistor will probably be needed.

Nick Gammon's webpage is very useful.

...R

Yeah I want pins 10 and 11 to cause pin change interrupts so don't I need to connect them to pin 2 also to detect them? I thought thats how external interrupts worked

LarryD: Not sure what you are doing but try this (use Rising interrupt)

Do I need the resistor? because I tried without it and it didn't work

Yes

ben_cunningham: Do I need the resistor? because I tried without it and it didn't work

You haven't said what is causing the interrupts so I can't answer this question.

...R