Wiring between 2 Megas question ?

Hi, Can I hook up wiring between 2 Megas for pulses from pin 7 digital to second Mega pin 24 as pulseIn; with GND to GND, while both are powered through 2 USB cables from the same PC. Regards Rob

That depends, how are you going to control the sending signal from pin -7 of the sender ?

I don't see any code. What do plan to do for that ?

You can wire them any way you want - apart from connecting 5v to gnd (and causing a short circuit) or connecting 3.3v to a 5v pin.

I presume you know you can use the Serial ports if you want to send data from one to the other.

...R

I'd not connect their 5V together, or their 3.3V together.

Connecting GND together is probably a good idea, but not essential, as they will be linked via the USB GND even of you don't connect their GND's together.

If they are not both connected to the same PC. you definately need to connect their GND's together

Rob_Hale: Hi, Can I hook up wiring between 2 Megas for pulses from pin 7 digital to second Mega pin 24 as pulseIn; with GND to GND, while both are powered through 2 USB cables from the same PC. Regards Rob

Simply yes.

Hi Guys,

I am using Mega 1 that is the “pin 7 out” to send pluses at different frequencies to Mega 2 that is “pin 24 in” to learn about “pulseIn” and how and how to manage the in flow of data to an LCD on the Mega 2.

My query, that you folks have answered – Thank You, – is caused by fear earth loop hums.

I have no doubt that I will be back with coding queries.

Regards

Rob