Wiring Error?

Hello all. I am attempting to wire a sparkfun lsm9s1 sensor with a spark fun pro-micro 3.3V. I am attempting to follow (and believe have done so successfully) this image.

|500x359

However, I keep getting the error stating my wiring might be wrong in the serial monitor.

Post a picture of your actual connections

However, I keep getting the error stating my wiring might be wrong in the serial monitor.

Post your code and post the error message copied and pasted from the console.

It could be that any of the pins on the Arduino, or breakout board are not connecting properly with the spring contacts of the breadboard, the same applies with the jumper wires.

Unfortunately, we won’t be able to determine that from a photograph.

You could waggle/remove/re-insert each connection.

It might also be worth moving your circuit to a different part of the breadboard, in case there is a defect in the breadboard itself.

That is not a pro micro in the fzz diagram , it's a pro mini.

-Malhar

Pro-Mini
&
Pro-Micro

are supposed to be pin compatible…

(although not really the case… its VERY close)

I made a note/post on this a while back when playing around with a Circuits@Home USB (mini) Host Shield…

I believe there is a 2 pin different… GND/RESET? off the top of my head… are swapped or not on the same side and the Pro-Mini…

I think on Pro-Mini, the RST (on top rail in pic) is a GND on the Pro-Micro

but double check for yourself.

That being said… it doesnt look like that should affect the project

Use the I2C bus, these devices claim to support SPI but cannot be used that way in practice from my experience as the chip selects switch between I2C and SPI.

@MarkT -

Can you expand a little more on your comment for me please?

re: the SPI & I2C bus stuff??

@OP

Here is a page that outlines some of the odd/differences between the Micro vs Mini boards.

(10, 11, 12 replaced with 14, 15, 16.)

(pin 17 [SS pin] -NOT- broken out)

extra GND pin....etc