Wiring GPS module not working

So I am trying to get this GPS module(Ultimate GPS Module - 66 channel w/10 Hz updates [MTK3339 chipset] : ID 790 : $29.95 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits) to run with an Arduino Duemilanove. I got it to work briefly but now the Arduino won't turn on when I have both the power and ground plugged in. The GPS module says it runs with 3.3V-5V and I have tried each however it seems as if the arduino just shut off because even the computer cant detect it. I have tried other sensors and they work so I'm not really sure what the problem is.
I appreciate any input!
Thank you!

You might want to get the unit on a breakout board (Adafruit Ultimate GPS Breakout - 66 channel w/10 Hz updates [PA1616S] : ID 746 : $29.95 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits) or a shield (Adafruit Ultimate GPS Logger Shield - Includes GPS Module : ID 1272 : $29.95 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits) to make it easier to wire properly.

guest521:
So I am trying to get this GPS module(Ultimate GPS Module - 66 channel w/10 Hz updates [MTK3339 chipset] : ID 790 : $29.95 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits) to run with an Arduino Duemilanove. I got it to work briefly but now the Arduino won't turn on when I have both the power and ground plugged in. The GPS module says it runs with 3.3V-5V and I have tried each however it seems as if the arduino just shut off because even the computer cant detect it. I have tried other sensors and they work so I'm not really sure what the problem is.
I appreciate any input!
Thank you!

That GPS module alone is not 5 volt compatible, that must be a misprint on the site. Max voltage on Vcc or VBackup is 4.3 volts.

Im pretty sure getting a breakout board won't help because it worked at one point and there is no point in spending more money. So should I try the 3.3V slot on the Arduino. I think I tried that earlier and it didn't work?

It works for a little bit but then I realized that the Arduino is overheating. How can I prevent this?