wiring lamp's switch & 5v relay

Hi. I would like some help with the wiring to create some sort of 2 way switch in some appliances that i have and 5v relays. For example i have some bedside lamps that work through the ordinary on/off switch. I would like to add a 5v relay and an arduino and switch it on/off either from the switch or from the arduino. the idea is that if i forget to switch off the lamp, then it will be switched off from Arduino. Next, i will operate it remotely, when away to show presence in the house.
The attached picture shows with a red tringle the ordinary switch. I am confused how to add the 5v relay in the wiring, to operate as 2 way switch. So you can switch it on/off from either the relay or the switch.

@atux_null

Nothing attached so maybe start with the links below

Could you also take a few moments to Learn How To Use The Forum.

Other general help and troubleshooting advice can be found here.
It will help you get the best out of the forum in the future.

You need a "3 way" switch and type "C" (NO / COM / NC) relay contacts.

How will the Arduino determine you forgot to turn it off. You will need a long extension cord to control it remotely, what are you plans for this. It might help all of us if you did a schematic, not a frizzy thing of what you want. Not to worry about mistooks, we all make them.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.