Wiring micro controller to h bridge motor driver to dc worm gear reduction motor

12vdc worm gear reduction motor. stall current is around 8

10k POT (fixed to output shaft of said motor)

My dreaming vision is to have the POT as an encoder. Id like to be able to push a joy stick left or right and have the motor move like a 'large servo' 180 degrees.

Arduino Mega. VNH2SP30-E 10k POT 12vdc motor with reduction drive. approx 60rpm. draws less then 4 amps under no load.

can anybody help me with how to wire this all together (in terms for a newbie in circuits) what resistors might I need, where to put them and what resistance they need to be. do I need capacitors? if so then what size and where?)

I will attach a PDF link to the data sheet for my motor driver below

Thanks!

https://www.creatroninc.com/upload/VHN2SP30%20Datasheet.pdf

Are you designing the board that uses that chip? That is a lot of current being switched.

Paul

At 60rpm, it will do 180deg in 1/2 a second. That is going to be hard to control with any accuracy

It might be slower then 60rpm it was more of a guess. I’m just wondering how to wire my mega to the motor controller

scobz: It might be slower then 60rpm it was more of a guess. I’m just wondering how to wire my mega to the motor controller

Your link was for the chip! You never answered my question about your making a board to mount the chip on. If you have a question about connecting your mega to something other than the actual chip, you NEED to supply a link to that break-out board, or what ever you are using.

Paul

sorry Paul, I might be confused here.. is my motor driver listed above not a breakout board?

No, the link is to a quad flat pack IC.

Paul

scroll down and youll find the data sheet on the motor driver. the first page just shows a picture of MultiPowerSO-30 but the rest of the board and information is down in application section and so on

scobz: scroll down and youll find the data sheet on the motor driver. the first page just shows a picture of MultiPowerSO-30 but the rest of the board and information is down in application section and so on

I see typical application information. Did you do the board to duplicate one of the application notes? OR did you buy one that is identical? Why not supply the information on the board, as it may not exactly match the ap note?

Paul

I bought that exact board on that data sheet

scobz: I bought that exact board on that data sheet

I guess we are getting closer. Which figure do you wish to use for your project? Fig 32, fig 34 or fig 35?

Paul