Wiring multiple pots creates confusion.

I'm trying to wire three potentiometers to my Arduino, but no matter which configuration I try I can't seem to get them all working separately. It's as if one pot is effecting the others. I think there is a simple solution to this problem, it can't be that difficult to use multiple pots.

This is my configuration:

http://ioj.com/v/as8va

it can't be that difficult to use multiple pots.

It is if you use the wrong value of pot.
What value are you using?
The optimal value is 10K.

Your configuration looks right. How big are your pots? Anything above 10k might explain what you are seeing. You can either try lower-value pots (down to 1k) or put small capacitors (1uF or higher) between each analog input and ground (e.g., from A0 to ground, another from A1 to ground, etc.)

--
The Gadget Shield: accelerometer, RGB LED, IR transmit/receive, speaker, microphone, light sensor, potentiometer, pushbuttons

Those are the exact pots I'm using. This really makes no sense. The first pot and second pot work fine. but the third pot's range is from 964-1023. (I'm using the firmata sketch and test exe to read the values) When the third pot isn't displaying a value it's jumping around a lot, but my connections are solid and all soldered. Also the third pot won't change it's on value, the second pot and third pot are often the same.

Well you have log pots and that means all the range will be squashed up at one end.

but my connections are solid and all soldered

The image had us fooled it looks like bread board.

Can you upload a photograph.

You could have the code wrong or you could have it wired wrong, you could have the wrong pots like 10M in place of 10K. It is possible you have a faulty pot. Have they been used in some other experiment that could have damaged them?

Take a meter and measure the voltage at the wiper of the pots and ground. Also check that you measure 5V when placing the meter at each end of the pot.

I'll put a picture at the end of this post, but I think it will only confuse you more. Yes there is a breadboard between the arduino and pots, everything is soldered except the breadboard connections and immediate arduino connections.

The pots are completely new and this is the first time I've used them. Unfortunately I don't think I have a volt meter anymore.

http://ioj.com/v/42ceh

Yes there is a breadboard between the arduino and pots,

I would suggest that that is where the problem is.

Unfortunately I don't think I have a volt meter anymore.

You can get a cheap meter for £5 so there is not much of an excuse not to have one. Without some sort of measuring system you only make it harder to track faults.

It also looks like the line that is supposed to be +5V is connected into the 3V3 output of the arduino.

However, fundamentally what you are trying to do is correct (I would not use log pots however), this sort of thing has been done many many times before so the only thing to go wrong has to be your implementation.

It also looks like the line that is supposed to be +5V is connected into the 3V3 output of the arduino.

It's actually connected to the +5V, the picture is misleading but if you count all six connections you will notice that the red wire is connected on the third pin (from the bottom) and the ground is connected to the 5th (from the bottom).

Testing the third ("faulty") pot individually shows no sign of error. I'm going to keep adding on each pot in hope of success. Thanks for everyone's helps so far, I'm going to assume it was a bad connection somewhere along the lines.