Wiring to Kill Switch (motorbike)

Hi guys, I’m a computer Science master student thus I know nothing about electronics :stuck_out_tongue:

I want to wire my Arduino Mkr1400 gsm module to my bike but I want to turn it off when I turn off my bike (using the kill switch) to preserve my battery. I found 2 interesting tools that would avoid me some troubles:

Now I’m very interested in the second solution cause it seems made exactly for my needs but I’m not sure if the circuit will switch off once the bike is off. How do I do that? Thank you!

fabiom91:
Now I’m very interested in the second solution cause it seems made exactly for my needs but I’m not sure if the circuit will switch off once the bike is off. How do I do that? Thank you!

If you read the description of your preferred choice (#2), you'll notice that it states "CONSTANT POWER Provides constant power to your dashcam when your engine is turned off". So, no it won't shut off when the motorcycle is powered down.

However, it also states that it has "Battery Drain Protection". So, I'll live dangerously and assume that means it will power off before your battery is too low to restart the motorcycle. But actually testing it is the only way to know for certain.

Sounds to me like your concerns are covered.