wiring up 4 pots - Help

Is this an appropriate way to wire up 4 pots to my Nano. White is ground, blue goes to a0 through a3, and yellow is 5v. My analogRead values are all over.

bookman:
Is this an appropriate way to wire up 4 pots to my Nano. White is ground, blue goes to a0 through a3, and white is ground. My analogRead values are all over.

The Blue wires go to A0 through A3. The White can be Ground or Vcc and the Yellow which was omitted above can go to Ground or Vcc. You can make Yellow Vcc and White Ground and the Blue off the pot wipers to your analog input channels.

If your readings are "all over" you likely have some poor connections in there. What are the pot resistance levels?

Ron

Thanks Ron. Sorry for my typo...the yellow does go to 5v. Should it go to Vcc instead?

There are two ways

The first way:

• The Blue wires connect to A0 through A3.
  • The White wire connects to GND
  • The Yellow wire connects to VCC

The second way:

• The Blue wires connect to A0 through A3.
  • The White wire connects to VCC
  • The Yellow wire connects to GND

See [the potentiometer pinout and how potentiometer works](http://the potentiometer pinout and how potentiometer works)

All the connections should be soldered, including the yellow and white ( they just look twisted ).
The pot values aren’t stated - something like 10-50k is a good range to choose from .
Cable lengths should be short ( <1m)

Thanks all. They are just twisted so I'll solder them. I'm also reading about A/D acquisition time problems that could be at play.

Time problems? Maybe you could explain that and post the code you are using.

Ron

bookman:
Thanks Ron. Sorry for my typo...the yellow does go to 5v. Should it go to Vcc instead?

0.0 Volts is fine. I assumed VCC was 5 V. :slight_smile:

Ron