Wirless Serial Communication

Hi-

I'm doing a mini project that has no real purpose other than to learn.

My goal is to use two xbees to send data that describes a sound (frequency and duration). I have a program that takes care of getting those variables into two integers.

What I need help with is how to send that data in the right format and to read it on another arduino, into two integers that I can use with a "tone" command to re-create the sound on the second

I would post my code but it's a worthless mess... Ive tried wireless communication befor and I'm bad at it... Hence why I'm doing this to learn.

-Nick

My goal is to use two xbees to send data

Which XBees? How are they connected? How are they configured?

What I need help with is how to send that data

Just like you would if there were wires connecting the TX and RX pins that the XBees are connected to.

in the right format

That would be whatever format the listener expects.

and to read it on another arduino

Just like you would if there were wires connecting the TX and RX pins that the XBees are connected to.

They are configured so it is as if tx and rx are connected by wires.

They are configured so it is as if tx and rx are connected by wires.

Well, great. You're all set then.

On the other hand, answering ALL the questions is usually a good idea... 8)

N314: They are configured so it is as if tx and rx are connected by wires.

If your XBees act like the tx and rx wires are connected up then you have the makings of a serial connection. This should enable you to send bytes on one side and receive the same bytes on the other. Once you have that working, it is up to you to design a messaging scheme that conveys the data you want as a sequence of bytes.