Witch component is this?

Short question...

I want to make an flickering led and use as little power as possible from batteries.

But what does the blank component to right in picture do?

Is this an clock or something that flickering the led?

32.768kHz watch crystal. Its driving the microcontroller under the epoxy blob.

Witch microcontroller could that be?

I want to make something simular, without using a power thirsty Arduino...

Absolutely no idea, it has no markings! You could dissolve the epoxy off with conc. nitric acid, photograph
the die with a microscope, and try to find a matching die photo using Google, but otherwise no way to
know, nor does it matter at all.

A bare-bones Arduino can be run in micro-power mode, have a search about Arduino sleep modes and
bare-bones boards.

You could even just use a LFSR for random flicker, one cmos shift register, one low power oscillator.

Once you add a flickering LED to the project then any pretence of it being low power goes out of the window. And the time it can run off a small watch battery is limited.

What is the most power saving method to flicker one 3v 20mA led?

It's important that the led lights as long time as possible. It must run on batteries. My plan is to make an flickering candle light for a gravestone. I plan to place batterypack innside waterproof box and dig it down in the soil.

I have tried to fire Arsuino Nano and one led with 6x AA batterier together. Approximatly 9v and 12000mA. Power consumption was 35-40mA.

Simplest and cheapest is to buy a flickering LED. One LED, one battery and one resistor. Job done.

Yes, but if you read my first post i vant it to look like a candle. Its not have to be the cheapest or the fastest. I want an good solition that save power at the same time.

For low power, you need to use a modified board, the standard Arduinos have voltage regulators and other circuits that consume power regardless of what the processor is doing.

What is the most power saving method to flicker one 3v 20mA led?

First is not to run it at 20mA but get an LED that is happy to run at 1mA.
Next is to not have it on all the time but only during the hours of darkness. And also switch it off for some time at night.

Given all that you will probably only get a battery life of weeks rather than years.

You could add a solar cell to charge a battery during the day, you can get cheap solar lights from garden centres. that might extend the life to years.

Hi,
google

flickering LED

They are available off the shelf to build what you want.

Tom... :slight_smile:

TomGeorge:
Hi,
google

flickering LED

They are available off the shelf to build what you want.

Tom... :slight_smile:

It would appear from his previous response to me that the answer is not welcome. :wink:

AJLElectronics:
It would appear from his previous response to me that the answer is not welcome. :wink:

Yeah, But I am giving you the karma! :grinning: