WKR Wifi 1010 can't see Cisco networks

I'm trying to connect the Arduino MKR Wifi 1010 to a certain network. The network I am trying to connect to is on the 2.4ghz band and is using 802.11 b/g/n standards. Its the only one i can use for my project. I've connected a arduino uno to the network and it's been working fine for a few months. Ive connected dozens of devices to it in the past and have never had a problem.

Setup:
Was able to find the board libraries and the WifiNINA library that I needed.
Loaded up the ConnectwithWPA example code and added in the network name and password.

Problem:
Serial monitor will show that it is trying to connect but then time out and continue that loop.
I thought that the board was bad so I turned on my hotspot on my phone and it connected right away.

I tried using the ScanNetworksAdvanced example code and it gave me a readout of all the networks it picked up. The one I needed was not there, 3 others were missing as well.

When analyzing the networks I found that all the ones that were visible were Netgear and D-Link routers. All the networks that were not found happened to be on Cisco Access Points. This has been the first time I've ever had an issue connecting to the network.

Thank You

Some access points especially such as free / educational ones quite often want a manual confirmation via a web page that is forced up.

You may not see that on devices such as tablets and phones etc as you may have already agreed and accepted some form of token such as a COOKIE

Are you sure that is not the case here ?

ballscrewbob:
Some access points especially such as free / educational ones quite often want a manual confirmation via a web page that is forced up.

This is called a captive portal. OP's issue is about not being able to see the AP during a scan, which is two steps prior to captive portal problems.

I have a blog post about getting through a captive portal (it's programming ESP8266, not SAMD21, but concept is similar): Get Online in McDonald's with ESP8266