Working example for Arduino 1.0.5 and ENC28J60 wanted

Hi,

I'm looking for a working example Webserver for Arduino UNO R3 and ENC28J60 Ethernet adapter. Using Arduino Software version 1.0.5. I have searched the Web and all examples fail to compile or not work. Yes, I have a working W5100 , outside my school's budget. I'm doing some training for young people at a local school in my sparetime, not paid.

Any hints ?

regards

Nils

Have you tried UIP for arduino (https://github.com/ntruchsess/arduino_uip)? It's designed to be a drop-in replacement of the original W5100 Ethernet library.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Here is the error message I get trying to compile the example:

c:/arduino-1.0.5/hardware/tools/avr/bin/../lib/gcc/avr/4.3.2/../../../../avr/lib/avr5\libc.a(random.o): In function do_random': C:\msys\home\Andy\avr\toolchain\avr-libc\avr-libc-1.8.0\avr\lib\avr5/../../../libc/stdlib/random.c:62: undefined reference tomuluhisi3' C:\msys\home\Andy\avr\toolchain\avr-libc\avr-libc-1.8.0\avr\lib\avr5/../../../libc/stdlib/random.c:62: undefined reference to `mulohisi3'

Any hints ?

regards

Nils

Looks like you have two different AVR tool chains installed and they're conflicting.

Hi, Thanks. Very well observed, did a cleanup and a fresh install of Version 1.0.5. Now compilation works as expected.

What about wiring of the ENC28J60 ? Can it work with only 6 wires ? Like below:

VCC – 3.3V GND – GND SCK – Pin 13 SO – Pin 12 SI – Pin 11 CS – Pin 8 // In some examples on the Web connected to pin 10

regards,

Nils

To Pylon , thanks for helping me out ! Hurra it works !

Here is what I did to make it work. Hope it will be useful for others trying the same After removing some "old" versions and cleaning up and a fresh installation of Arduino sw 1.0.5 compilation of programs worked successfully using UIPEthernet.

Here is the wiring that worked , only 6 wires

VCC – 3.3V GND – GND SCK – Pin 13 SO – Pin 12 SI – Pin 11 CS – Pin 10

Next test was to compile Echoserver in the UIPEthernet example folder. Uploaded successfully.

Started a Dos box (Command prompt ) on my XP box

C:\telnet 192.168.2 16 1000 // I modified the example to match my current network setup at home. Yours may be different.

Connection established and I could type in letters and numbers and have them "echoed" back and also see them on the terminal monitor.

regards,

Nils