working with extension cables for sensors

Hi. This is my first time working with arduino. I am not expert in programing or electrical installations. But I want to do a presentation with some temperature/humidity sensors and an arduino board. I've already connected two sensors RHT03 running parallel (see picture). The code works fine and both sensors send me data. Now, what I want is to put these sensors far distance from the tablet board (2m). They will be placed in a box while the arduino must be on a table near the computer. I prepared a extension cable to plug the sensors (right side of the picture), but when I connect both sensors with the cables the energy falls down (or something because the leds turn off) and the system does not work. Can someone explain me what is going on and how to fix it? I do not know technical terms for this, so I could not look for specific information in the forum.

Thanks in advance.

Link to picture: http://imgur.com/CpasAZN |500x333

Where is your picture?

LarryD: Where is your picture?

Sorry. I tried to upload it but it did not work. I put a link to imgur

Where are the LEDs?

Does it work with one sensor on the extension?

Have you measured the Vcc and output while on the extension?

Just for future reference, try to use red wire for +Ve, black or green for Gnd and other colours for signals. This makes it easier for us to see where the wiring goes.

Weedpharma

weedpharma:
Where are the LEDs?

Does it work with one sensor on the extension?

Have you measured the Vcc and output while on the extension?

Just for future reference, try to use red wire for +Ve, black or green for Gnd and other colours for signals.
This makes it easier for us to see where the wiring goes.

Weedpharma

Thanks for the suggestions. (I was referring the arduino board leds). Anyway, I already fix it. I connected some cables in a wrong positions, apparently. Now I have four sensors running parallel with extension cables.
:slight_smile:

Also, always have de-coupling capacitors on your circuits connected to your Arduino.

LarryD: Also, always have de-coupling capacitors on your circuits connected to your Arduino.

Thanks a lot for the advice. I do not know what is de-coupling capacitors :) but I going to research it to incorporate it in the circuit. Thanks.