Working with the NRF24L01+2.4 GHz wireless transreceiver module

Few days back I started working with the nrf24L01 modules on arduino uno…I brought them from a electronic store,nearby…

firstly i ws unable to make them work prperly,(i was trying to make them work with the ‘getting started’ example of RF24 Library) even after connecting all the pins in proper positions…

Later on after doing a bit of research on internet i found that the nrf24l01 module sometimes faces power problems,and to overcome it we need to solder a 3.3uF(micro Farad) capacitor in between the ground and vcc pins,i.e. in between pins 1 and 2…

I did it… but it didnt fetch any good result…

But suddenly i found that when i am touching the 7th pin of one of the modules with my finger it is showing result like

Now sending 1122…ok…Got response 1122, round-trip delay: 26
Now sending 2152…ok…Got response 2152, round-trip delay: 27
Now sending 3182…ok…Got response 3182, round-trip delay: 29
Now sending 4214…ok…Got response 4214, round-trip delay: 27
Now sending 5244…ok…Got response 5244, round-trip delay: 29
Now sending 6277…ok…Got response 6277, round-trip delay: 26
Now sending 7307…ok…Got response 7307, round-trip delay: 26
Now sending 8337…ok…Got response 8337, round-trip delay: 29
Now sending 9369…ok…Got response 9369, round-trip delay: 27
Now sending 10399…ok…Got response 10399, round-trip delay: 29
Now sending 11431…ok…Got response 11431, round-trip delay: 27

or else it is sending result like

Now sending 1122…failed
Failed to send…

or

Got Payload 0…

if i am switching the arduino’s then i am getting the result

Got Payload 0…

and one more amazing fact is that when i am turning the other arduino off then also by touching the 7th pin i am getting the result

Now sending 4214…ok…Got response 4214, round-trip delay: 27
Now sending 5244…ok…Got response 5244, round-trip delay: 29
Now sending 6277…ok…Got response 6277, round-trip delay: 26
Now sending 7307…ok…Got response 7307, round-trip delay: 26
Now sending 8337…ok…Got response 8337, round-trip delay: 29
Now sending 9369…ok…Got response 9369, round-trip delay: 27
Now sending 10399…ok…Got response 10399, round-trip delay: 29
Now sending 11431…ok…Got response 11431, round-trip delay: 27

I am banging my head on walls just to get a solution of this…i have searched for this problem in internet…looked around for it in thousands of websites…but couldn’t find a solution…

I have attached a picture of the module that i am using…the blue coloured thing is the 3.3uF capacitor soldered between pin 1 and 2…

anyone with a solution…please help me out…

Thank you.

Make a pencil drawing showing all the connections between your Arduino and the NRF24 and post a photo of the drawing. I don’t know what you mean by the 7th pin.

My NRF24 has 7 of the 8 pins connected to the Arduino and I never had any trouble getting it to work.

I followed this tutorial

…R

by pin 7 i mean the 7th pin of the nrf24L01 module......the MISO pin of the radio module.....which is
connected to pin 12 of the arduino uno....

Freaky:
by pin 7 i mean the 7th pin of the nrf24L01 module......the MISO pin of the radio module.....which is
connected to pin 12 of the arduino uno....

Please provide the drawing as requested in Reply #1 - at the moment you have all the information and we have only a little piece of it.

Did you study the link I gave you?

...R

Hi,
The cap looks a bit small for 3.3uF, I would be using 10uF 16V electro, and your leads are precariously close to the other pins and crystal case.

Tom.... :slight_smile:

as requested in Reply #1, I am providing the pencil Sketch of the connections that i have made in both the arduino models,along with the NRF24L01 module…

the colour coding of the wires may be wrong…while doing the sketch,i have used different colours for jumper wires(they may b wrong),just to make sure that all the connections are visible,and could be understood distincly…

Thank you…

Untitled.jpg

Hey Tom,
i am confused regarding what kind of capacitors should I use in b/w pins 1 & 2…

Do we need to use electrolytic capacitors,which has pins specified for positive and negative terminals
or ceramic disc capacitors will do…

& kindly specify what value (micro farad) capacitor should i use,with what voltage rating,to get them working…

Those connections are the same as mine and mine works perfectly without any capacitor.

What sort of connectors are you using? Is there a possibilty of a poor connection somewhere?

In case the problem is due to interference it may be worth trying your NRFs on a different channel. The channel setting is in the RF24 library - I think it is set to 76.

...R

i dint get the last point that you said @Robin2

how to check the channel setting in RF24 Library???? @ Robin2

Freaky:
how to check the channel setting in RF24 Library???? @ Robin2

I found it somewhere in the library code - it will be very obvious when you see it.

...R

plz be a bit more specific....i am not getting u at all...

i can not find it anywhere in the program code of "Getting sarted"........

it wl b vry hlpful if you explain the process step by step....

@Robin2

I don't know what you mean by "the program code of "Getting sarted"". I was referring to the code within the RF24 library - in the file RF24.cpp. But in fact there is no need to look in it.

I have since been doing some work with the RF24 library. There is a function setChannel() that you can use to change channels.

...R

ok i will surely try it... @Robin2