I have a small battery powered lamp that I use for illumination at my desk when I need that extra bit of light. The lamp is a simple 4xAA battery poweres 3 rows of 24 white LED's and is quite bright (when it works!!)
It stopped workign a few days ago and today I thought I'd have a quick look to save myself spending £15 on a new one. it seems each row of 24LED's is powered through what I think is a pcb mounted type 100Ω resistor, and one of those has burned out.
The thing is, is that now the entire lamp doesn't turn on!
I am curious as to why this might be happening? Would a resistor burning out cause an entire 24LED x 3 rows to fail?
What should I check?