Would this be possible to create with arduino --> dc impulse generator

Hi to all !

I need to design one 0-100V, 0-5A , 0-100HZ dc impulse generator.
Circuit should be simple as possible, just 3 POT's and 16x2 display.

I have few ideas how to solve this but the main problem is direct current output.
The best solution would be to use frequency inverter but he has AC output so i have to find some other solution for this.

Does someone have some ready made solution, or maybe some idea how to solve this in old diy fashion ?
5A is quite much for such application...

A.

Get a lab power supply, some of them have RS232 for remote control. Impulse part: use some FETs, as long as you can live with squarewaves. Anything else is going to be a bit challenging. BTW, you might get away with reprogrammed RC speed controllers.

Hi,
What is the application?

Tom.. :slight_smile:

Application:
-the college is testing some coil setup and magnetic fields. It's some science project that i know very little about.

RC

• quite interesting idea !. How could this be reprogrammed ? Do you know what kind of MCU is used in this controllers. On the other side, will i be able to get this voltage range ( 0 - 100V )...

A.

Sorry, was a bad idea. The current available RC Speedcontrollers don't use AVR any more. Well, then just get some FETs that can handle the voltage (current is not the problem)

arnix:
Application:
-the college is testing some coil setup and magnetic fields. It's some science project that i know very little about.

This is bad. The more information about the target you get, the simpler solution is possible.
Also 100V + 5A is quite lethal combination, adding a coil makes it worse. You don't want to make it simple - the most important task is to make is safe! Unless you know precisely what you are doing you should NOT attempt it!

By all means ask your college's technician to build this for/with you. This sounds pretty dangerous indeed, and absolutely not something a student should try to do by themselves. 5A 100V pulses into a coil can easily multiply that voltage - I'm starting to think Tesla coil... Sparks galore!

This is such a great forum !
Thank you guys for your ideas and concern.
There is no rush and i totally agree that safety must be on first place.

Regarding mosfet idea…
When we take into consideration that coil and frequency under 1KHZ will be used in this setup, would it not be better to use IGBT ?

A.

Well, use whatever fits your needs :slight_smile:

Zwieblum , can we hear us over PM ?

A.

I guess that this kind of power supply,could do the trick ?

A.