Write my code?

I'm trying to build a reef controller. The problem is that I'm having trouble learning the code. Was wondering if someone could help write it or help me get some what started. I'll give a list of what I have and maybe someone write it. Let me know if you can help. Thanks

Nobody writes code for free here. If you want to show what you've tried we can surely help you get it right. But nobody is going to write it for you. There is another section of the board called "Gigs and Collaborations" where you can pay someone to do the work for you.

But by the time you paid someone like me to code it you could have just bought an Apex. Look into the Reef Angel too, they're not so expensive and are pretty nice I hear although I haven't used one myself.

Thanks for the info.

Well the bigest issue I have right now is I cant get the RTC DS1302 connected.

Axilracing: Well the bigest issue I have right now is I cant get the RTC DS1302 connected.

You need to say more..... show diagram of how you have it connected and the sketch you're using to access it. Is it a loose 1302 chip or on a small board including the crystal?- if not, have you got the correct crystal?

You need to give as much info as you can; help us to help you.

What is a "reef controller" ?

...R

Robin2: What is a "reef controller" ?

...R

It's a microcontroller for handling all the parameters of a salt water fish tank. They usually handle things like automatically topping off the tank for evaporation, controlling the lighting, the dosing, turning pumps on and off to control water flow, and controlling things like heaters to maintain temperature.

All in all it is a pretty simple project for someone with intermediate coding experience. But judging from the tone of the OP, this is way over the poster's head and he should probably start with some more reasonable projects until he learns how to write code.

Came across this ages ago, it looks comprehensive and gives something easy to follow if someone wanted to duplicate/get a starting point:

https://code.google.com/p/jarduino-aquarium-controller/

Delta_G: It's a microcontroller for handling all the parameters of a salt water fish tank.

Thanks. I'm out of my depth.

...R