writing an Assembler for AVR ?

• so here you have AVR assembly language and commands .. i am used to programming in assembly under GCC tc , but i want to write an assembler program in C , so i write assembly code in notepad and use my own C code to turn that into a HEX file for a specific AVR chip , the atmega328 on the arduino uno seems to be a good choice , i am doing this for a class assignment , any good links ?

i am doing this for a class assignment

You misspelled "we" there.

What don't you know? The only real reference material you need are the opcodes for the AVR and the hex file format.

You are not describing writing an assembler for AVR, you are describing writing IN assembler for AVR.

Look at "http://www.nongnu.org/avr-libc/user-manual/inline_asm.html"

If you actually want to write an assembler as opposed to writing a program in assembly language, [u]here is the instruction set[/u] with the associated hex opcodes (machine instructions).

AWOL yes :) WE are doing it :D thank you .

• Keith : Memory management ? boot process ? main addressing for the program ? and the HEX format yes . thank you

-123splat,DVDdoug : i am writing an assembler for assembly code, so it's a program that converts assembly code in a text file to an executable HEX code :) .

@amine2, you may be interested in this Thread

...R

Keith : Memory management ? boot process ? main addressing for the program ? and the HEX format yes . thank you

Chuck the Arduino bootloader and you are free to handle all these things yourself.

thank you very much Robin and Keith :slight_smile: ((SOLVED))