Writing and Reading from an external EEPROM

I recently tried to read the data on s24cs0, which I salvaged from an air condition's main board. I followed this insturction from Reading and Writing Serial EEPROMs - learn.sparkfun.com

After few failed attempts(trying to read it. I tried writing onto it. I was able to write some data but then when I tried to read it back I couldn't :confused:

Any idea what is happening.

Thanks in advance.

I was able to write some data but then when I tried to read it back I couldn't

How do you KNOW that you were able to write to it, it you couldn't read back what you wrote?

I get this confirmation from the tera term window. Sometimes I'm able to read back but it just show some garbage.

Yami89:
I get this confirmation from the tera term window. Sometimes I’m able to read back but it just show some garbage.

I see. The code you didn’t post produces some output you didn’t show, when some hardware you didn’t provide a link to is connected according to some schematic you didn’t post. And, yet, you want us to tell you what is wrong with the code. Or the wiring.

Got to be honest with you. That isn’t going to happen.

Hi Paul
https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/reading-and-writing-serial-eeproms#arduino-hardware-hookup-

This is the link I followed, I've done exactly as how it says. I changed some bit of the code, as the eeprom I used is 1K but other than that I did exactly as what the link says.

.....and also I would like to ask, how normally one would use an external eeprom with their projects. Like in what kind of situation?. I tried to find as much information over the internet but was unable to get a solid answer for this too.
Thanks