Writing/Reading A Count to/from Arduino Memory

Hey everyone. Hope you're all doing well.

I'm working on a program and everything is going great. However I am confused on storing a value in flash memory. Reading has led me to figure out that it would have to be into FLASH or EEPROM ( I want the count to retain its last value even if power is lost).

I may have understood it wrong, but it seems to have to be a string or some data that doesn't change. But I want a count to be kept and saved in the Arduino's memory until I decide to reset it.

Right now I have a count and can reset it upon command in arduino, however I want it to save!

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!

Check out EEPROM write anything library.
A sketch can't write to flash.
Read the stored value on startup, if it comes back as 0xFF, or 255, that is the default unwritten state (or, it could be your stored data).

CrossRoads:
Check out EEPROM write anything library.
A sketch can't write to flash.
Read the stored value on startup, if it comes back as 0xFF, or 255, that is the default unwritten state (or, it could be your stored data).

Sorry for the delay. I'm going to check out the library and report. Since this is my lowest priority I will work on something more important right now ( GPS to give me accurate time and date in my software ).