WS2812 LED Flickering Problems

Hi! Ihave a problem. i need to solve is as fast as possible. Maybe someone here has an idea what to do. I have WS2812 LEDs. Beetween each pixel is 30cm cable. I have to drive about 150 pixels of them with one controller. The Problem there now is that there is a flickering and random color change sometimes. But we have only connected 8 pixels yet. And the issue appears after 2 to 3 pixels. I think its problem with Data but i dont know how to solve it. Is there anybody here who can help? I hope to find the solution asap. Thanks in advance

I have WS2811 LEDs.

So why does the title say WS2812?

30cm between LEDs is a long way, but as each led will regenerate the signal it is not compounded by having more LEDs.

Have you got a 0.1uF ceramic across the power and ground of each led? Are you running the signal and ground together as a pair to get maximum signal integrity? Have you got a large capacitor on the start of the chain across the power?

Grumpy_Mike: Have you got a 0.1uF ceramic across the power and ground of each led?

Yes.

Grumpy_Mike: Are you running the signal and ground together as a pair to get maximum signal integrity? Have you got a large capacitor on the start of the chain across the power?

No and no. Should i do this? Every change with electronic componets is a big afford for me to change / add. So i only want to do it when its sure that it helps!

Every change with electronic componets is a big afford for me to change / add. So i only want to do it when its sure that it helps!

Unfortunately when it comes down to intermittent behaviour there is no guarantee about anything. The wiring change will cost you nothing. If adding a capacitor is a big expense then maybe electronics is the wrong hobby for you. A large capacitor across the LEDs is standard practice.

However flickering can also be caused by an inadequate power supply.