WS2818 Addressable Rgb spectrum visualizer

I've been toying with the idea of constructing my own audio spectrum visualizer, decently sized, to mount on my wall. My question is whether or not it is possible to using an Arduino or something to control upwards of 10-20 individual addressable strips, or if there's an easier approach to controlling that many leds. I've done a bit of research, trying to find someone that has used addressable leds for a spectrum visualizer but haven't found much. Any tips, ideas, or leads would be a great help. Thanks, Alek.

Assuming you don't need so many leds that the time to update keeps it from being responsive enough, just tie the strips together, so you have one long string.

Say the bars in the bar graph had 10 leds each - the arduino would take the volume in the lowest frequency bin, map that to the first 10 leds, the second lowest bin to the next 10 leds and so on.

If you need a long enough string that it's slow to update (the limiting factor will be the speed of the data being sent, which is fixed, not the calculation time), you could switch to APA102/dotstar LEDs, which have a separate clock line and can be updated significantly faster.

Alright. Thank you for the reply. Its got me a start point for research.

I'm looking at a APA102 led strip on amazon with a density of 60 leds per meter. So I might shoot for about 15-16 leds per bar. I'm not trying to sound to ignorant or helpless (this is the first time in a while I'm coming back to coding and tinkering) but, is there any codes, projects, forums, sites, anything that I might be able to reference that involve either controlling the APA102 leds and/or using the arduino to manage audio frequencies in a similar manner applicable to my project. Thanks again.