WTF is up with MacOsx ports???!!!! Seriously!!! Is Arduino/Mac dead????

Holy crap...seriously? Am I the only only one with this issue??....every other time I try to use the Arduino IDE on Mac OS 10.10.5 the ports to connect via USB are missing.
I have done the "fix" several times (see below)

sudo nvram boot-args="kext-dev-mode=1"

ARggggg..
WTF
Seriously!!!>???|
This IDE worked great until a few OSX releases ago...and now is almost impossible to use
WTF??
Please help
Is arduino on Mac dead??

Does your board have a CH340G USB-to-serial chip?

Ok...sorry. Yes. Serves me right for using a cheap knock off! Swapped it out with an actual Arduino Uno R2, and all is well.
Pardon the above frustration.

There is nothing bad with Arduinos with a CH340G.
You are running a operating system that puts you under tutelage.

rjdelbulk:
Ok...sorry. Yes. Serves me right for using a cheap knock off! Swapped it out with an actual Arduino Uno R2, and all is well.
Pardon the above frustration.

No problem, just wondering what you had. I have a Mac but it is still on 10.10.1
I am usually deliberately slow to upgrade because I want you to find problems before I do.
:slight_smile:
I have some CH340G boards too, but I have a Linux computer I program them with, or I program them with my Mac using Bluetooth. I also use an older Linux version, Centos 6.6.

Apple doesn't care about serial ports or users who use serial ports.
That's been made obvious in recent releases - I remember seeing some people talking about a non-free ($5? $10?) piece of software that made CH340G work on latest versions of MacOS, but I don't use a mac so I didn't pay much attention.

CH340 works out of the box with Linux Mint 17.3, and I didn't spend $$$ for an Apple product. Never catch me doing that unless I win the Powerball.