"'x' was not declared in the sketch

Whatever code I pull out from the examples and click verify it puts out: "X was not declared in the sketch" for like, everything. I just uploaded the arduino AVR ISP software and selected the ATtiny85, and now without even uploading it tells me that.

You need to post the code.

AWOL: You need to post the code.

And some values of X.

Everycode I put up from the examples, even the 'Blink'. Example: "OUTPUT" was not declared in the scope "Serial" was not declared in the scope...

Sorry, little help can be offered unless you post the exact code that is giving you the problem.

Sorry, little help can be offered unless you post the exact code that is giving you the problem.

And ALL of the error messages - copied and pasted, not you best guess as to what they were.

Your OS and version of the IDE are important, too.

Not every sketch that works on the Arduinos works on the Tinys.

This it the code:

/*
  Blink
  Turns on an LED on for one second, then off for one second, repeatedly.

This example code is in the public domain.
 */

void setup() {                
  // initialize the digital pin as an output.
  // Pin 13 has an LED connected on most Arduino boards:
  pinMode(13, OUTPUT);     
}

void loop() {
  digitalWrite(13, HIGH);   // set the LED on
  delay(1000);              // wait for a second
  digitalWrite(13, LOW);    // set the LED off
  delay(1000);              // wait for a second
}

and this is the error:

Blink.cpp:8:21: error: Arduino.h: No such file or directory Blink.cpp: In function 'void setup()': Blink:10: error: 'OUTPUT' was not declared in this scope Blink:10: error: 'pinMode' was not declared in this scope Blink.cpp: In function 'void loop()': Blink:14: error: 'HIGH' was not declared in this scope Blink:14: error: 'digitalWrite' was not declared in this scope Blink:15: error: 'delay' was not declared in this scope Blink:16: error: 'LOW' was not declared in this scope Blink.cpp: In function 'void setup()': Blink:24: error: redefinition of 'void setup()' Blink:7: error: 'void setup()' previously defined here Blink:25: error: 'Serial' was not declared in this scope Blink.cpp: In function 'void loop()': Blink:28: error: redefinition of 'void loop()' Blink:13: error: 'void loop()' previously defined here Blink:29: error: 'Serial' was not declared in this scope Blink:40: error: 'analogWrite' was not declared in this scope

It seems a library problem. Do you have Arduino folders correctly created in your system? I mean, do you have a folder named libraries? Or, for example, what happens when you create a blank sketch and click "sketch/import library"?

Thanks. I do have a libary folder and when I have a blank sketch and I click 'sketch/libary' it shows up with the libaries.

Did you read reply #5?

What operating system? Someone had this problem yesterday with Linux.

I have windows 7, 32 bit, using arduino 1.0