X Y Plotter using Arduino Uno

Hi Everyone,

I'm working on a project to do X Y Plotter. This project basically to reduce the human error to get the right location to plot. Currently we are using a manual X Y roller

I intend to do like | Insert Location X: Insert Location Y: | and this machine will automatically go to that specific location. However, i not really sure how to do it cause wafer is a circle (hand size), and I dont want it to measure out of the circle. Is it like set the codes to not go beyond certain point?

Thank you, hope to hear something :slight_smile:

set the codes to not go beyond certain point?

To plot (x,y) points that fall only within or on a circle of radius R

if (x*x + y*y <= R*R) plot(x,y);

assuming that the origin of (x,y) is the center of the circle.

It is more complicated if that is not true. If the circle is centered at (x0, y0) then:

if ((x-x0)*(x-x0) + (y-y0)*(y-y0) <= R*R) plot(x,y);

HidirHaris:
I intend to do like | Insert Location X: Insert Location Y: | and this machine will automatically go to that specific location. However, i not really sure how to do it cause wafer is a circle (hand size), and I dont want it to measure out of the circle. Is it like set the codes to not go beyond certain point?

This gives no useful guidance as to what you want help with.

It may be with mathematics, as @jremington has surmised.

Or it may be with the design of a mechanical device that can move something (what?) to a specific location.

Or you may already have a machine (what machine?) and need help writing a program to control it.

...R

@Robin2

Hi, sorry for not giving specific details.

Yup, my group is designing a X Y Plotter machine that can move X-axis & Y-axis. (my partner already started building). I want this machine to go to specific location for example ( X= 5, Y= 6.5) automatically when i enter this 2 data in a prompt box (if possible).
Example like Arduino Controlled XY T-Slot Table - YouTube . It moves and stops and different location.

No manual button/ analog involved in moving the axis but automatically. Is this possible?

And yes, i need help writing a program to control it. Thank you

HidirHaris:
And yes, i need help writing a program to control it. Thank you

Then you need to provide details of the hardware that the Arduino needs to control.

• Post a link to the datasheet for your stepper motors
  • What stepper drivers are you using
  • What stepper power supply are you using (volts and amps)
  • There will need to be limit switches so the Arduino can tell when the device is at the HOME position.
  • How many steps are required to move 1 mm?

and I’m sure there is a lot more

If you have no programming experience this will be a major challenge.

Even if you are not a beginner, you need to break the project into lots of small pieces. Have a look at Planning and Implementing a Program

…R