X10 PLC cannot control light bulb...plz..

For starters, thanks for your help.

I have X10 PLC setup in which I plug two light bulb on the same power cable.

It works well at home, but it does not work when I test it in auditorium.

I plug the power cable extension into the wall and setup exactly the same way when I test it at home.

any guess?

Thanks

My guess is that in the auditorium there are more than one mains circuit. Often these run of different phases of the mains and so in effect they are not connected as far as the X10 is concerned.

Grumpy_Mike:
My guess is that in the auditorium there are more than one mains circuit. Often these run of different phases of the mains and so in effect they are not connected as far as the X10 is concerned.

Thanks

FYI, the setup is as follows

Wall <--------------Power extension----------[ -- -- -- -- -- ]
| | |
| | |
X10--PLC module-| | |
Lamp1--| |
Lamp2--|

They are plugged next to each other

Ok so there must be something stopping communication in the auditorium. Maybe there is other interference on the line at the same frequency as the X10.
In which case you might solve things with a mains filter or an isolation transformer.
The problem is that X10 is a domestic sort of protocol and so is not as robust in a commercial environment.
You really need to have a look at the mains signals on a good scope, but it is not a thing for a beginner to do.

Grumpy_Mike:
Ok so there must be something stopping communication in the auditorium. Maybe there is other interference on the line at the same frequency as the X10.
In which case you might solve things with a mains filter or an isolation transformer.
The problem is that X10 is a domestic sort of protocol and so is not as robust in a commercial environment.
You really need to have a look at the mains signals on a good scope, but it is not a thing for a beginner to do.

I think so, I should do setups using RF X10 dongle to solve this problem.

Thanks