Xbee can't transmit video , maybe images ?

I saw in many posts and pages of internet that transmitting video data by xbee is impossible !
So i want to know if i can send image file every second , i guess it will be like video but not in streaming , and size of image is smaller than size of video so Xbee can send it , i hope :slight_smile:
PS : sorry for bad english :stuck_out_tongue:

Not sure which XBees you might have in mind. Here is the Throughput section (p64) from the XBee ZB Product Manual. Also not sure how large the image files are. XBees are not high-bandwidth devices. Note the throughputs given are in thousands of bits per second (kbps) and best-case propagation conditions are assumed.

Have a look at the various types of XBees, estimate the image sizes, do the maths, and the answer should be straightforward enough. Certainly the general answer is yes, XBees are perfectly capable of sending images or any other kind of files, but the question becomes how long of a wait is acceptable. Note that throughput varies considerably between different XBee models, the numbers below apply only to the XBee ZB models. Others may be faster, some are also slower.

Throughput
Throughput in a ZigBee network can vary by a number of variables, including: number of hops, encryption enabled/disabled, sleeping end devices, failures/route discoveries. Our empirical testing showed the following throughput performance in a robust operating environment (low interference).

Data Throughput*

Configuration -- Data Throughput
1 hop, RR, SD -- 35kbps
1 hop, RR, SE -- 19kbps
1 hop, RE, SD -- 25kbps
1 hop, RE, SE -- 16kbps
1 hop, ER, SD -- 21kbps
1 hop, ER, SE -- 16kbps
4 hops, RR, SD -- 10kbps
4 hops, RR, SE -- 5kbps

RR = router to router,
RE = router to end device (non-sleeping),
ER = end device (non-sleeping) to router,
SD = security disabled,
SE = security enabled.
4 hops = 5 nodes total, 3 intermediate router nodes

• Data throughput measurements were made setting the serial interface rate to 115200 bps, and measuring the
    time to send 100,000 bytes from source to destination. During the test, no route discoveries or failures occurred.

I have 2 Xbee Pro ZB S2 (http://www.exp-tech.de/Shields/XBee-Pro-Module---ZB-Series-2---63mW-with-Wire-Antenna---XBP24BZ7WIT-004.html)
, so i have to configure it RR and i'll get 35kbps ?
Is it enought to send an image every second ? If i set baud rate to 115200bps , why it can't send 115.2kbps ?
I think for another solution : an analog or digital camera which i connect to xbee pins (INPUT) to send directly to other xbee :stuck_out_tongue:
Is it possible ? and better ?

stribuda:
I have 2 Xbee Pro ZB S2 (http://www.exp-tech.de/Shields/XBee-Pro-Module---ZB-Series-2---63mW-with-Wire-Antenna---XBP24BZ7WIT-004.html), so i have to configure it RR and i'll get 35kbps ?

You won't get more than 35kbps. That is the best-case throughput, router-to-router. YMMV.

Is it enought to send an image every second ?

Only you know that because only you know how large the images are.

If i set baud rate to 115200bps , why it can't send 115.2kbps ?

Because the data rate that is used to communicate with the XBee through its UART and the RF data rate between modules are two completely different things; there is essentially no relationship between the two.

I think for another solution : an analog or digital camera which i connect to xbee pins (INPUT) to send directly to other xbee :stuck_out_tongue:
Is it possible ? and better ?

Analog, absolutely no. Digital most probably no.