XBEE Communicaiton with Software Serial

Hello,

My question is can I communicate between two Xbees on pins other than the standard 0 and 1 using soft serial? If so can someone post a good tutorial? There's some more explanation below about my project.

I've been trying to use a Myo armband to control one Arduino UNO and an XBEE on it, and then talk to another Arduino UNO with an XBEE on it as well. I'm able to establish connection between them and send messages, with out using the Myo.

When I use the Myo and run a program to send gesture messages from the MYO and to the UNO the Arduino reads the Myo function gestures fine, but then it can't simultaneously send messages through the serial port and to the other XBEE. I'm sure it's not sending when reading the gesture from the Myo, because when I comment out that function line I can send serial messages between the two Arduinos.

My guess is that currently my XBEE shield DOUT is through DO and the DIN is through D1 and when the Arduino sends a serial message (serial.print('watever')) that should be going through the XBEE, it's going to the computer instead? Since I think UNO talks to the computer through those pins.

Any feedback or thoughts are appreciated, Thanks!

My question is can I communicate between two Xbees on pins other than the standard 0 and 1 using soft serial?

Yes, you can.

If so can someone post a good tutorial?

On what? On how to include the necessary header file? On how to create an instance of SoftwareSerial? On how to call the available(), read(), print(), println(), and/ write() methods of that instance? Are you serious?

My guess is that currently my XBEE shield DOUT is through DO and the DIN is through D1 and when the Arduino sends a serial message (serial.print('watever')) that should be going through the XBEE, it's going to the computer instead?

Why are you guessing how the XBee is connected to the Arduino? You should KNOW that. YOU made the connections.