Xbee communication

I am currently working on a project where I need to send wireless gps data from one xbee to another. I have seen solutions posted that involve using two arduinos, one that transmits the gps data and one that receives it. I was wondering if the arduino used to transmit the data can be omitted all together. That is to say that the xbee would get information straight from the gps and send it to another xbee connected to an arduino. Is there some way to do that? For reference the receiver is an Adafruit Ultimate GPS Breakout, I need to know if plugging the receiver and xbee to a bread board will allow for the data from the gps to be sent directly through the xbee or if an arduino is totally necessary.

davidjbui: I was wondering if the arduino used to transmit the data can be omitted all together. That is to say that the xbee would get information straight from the gps and send it to another xbee connected to an arduino. Is there some way to do that?

Yes, that is completely possible as long as it's wired correctly and the bauds need to match.