Xbee.cpp: 'BYTE' was not declared in this scope

Hello,

I write a program for my arduino UNO (I work on arduino 1.0 ). THis program is supposed to send "Hello" via Xbee module (Serie 2). I include in my librairies Xbee.h and Xbee.cpp.

In Xbee.h, I replace

#include WProgram.h

with :

#if defined(ARDUINO) && ARDUINO >= 100
       #include "Arduino.h"
 #else
       #include "WProgram.h"
 #endif

when I compile the program, I get this error:

C:\Program Files (x86)\arduino-1.0\libraries\XBee\XBee.cpp: In member function 'void XBee::sendByte(uint8_t, bool)': C:\Program Files (x86)\arduino-1.0\libraries\XBee\XBee.cpp:1347: error: 'BYTE' was not declared in this scope C:\Program Files (x86)\arduino-1.0\libraries\XBee\XBee.cpp:1350: error: 'BYTE' was not declared in this scope

I do not find where 'BYTE' is defined in my sketch. I am confused. Does someone know how to fix this issue.

Thanks for your help.

C:\Program Files (x86)\arduino-1.0\libraries\XBee\XBee.cpp

The XBee library did not come with the Arduino 1.0 download. You are NOT supposed to put libraries that you download into this folder.

The XBee.h class also included NewSoftSerial.h. For 1.0, it should be including, and instantiating, SoftwareSerial instead.

You need to post your code, too. The examples that are included with the XBee library need some work to make them play well with 1.0, so fixing YOUR code is a better use of our time.