xbee interval send

I am using my xbee 1 series in standard mode. If I send a serial in arduino it just sends the string to every receiving xbee. All xbee's so far are hooked up to arduino but due to space limitations I want to have 1 xbee running individually. All it needs to do is keep on sending something (a string or whatever so that I can read the RSSI). How can I do this (preferably in AT mode)

thanks

You know, I hope, that RSSI is only a guestimate, and terribly inaccurate as a measure of distance.

I know it is terrible to measure distance but the I hope to differentiate between 0cm - 30/ 50 cm and futher. If somebody holds the xbee or not roughly. Do you think it is possible? I roughly get a 0 on my input RSSI pin with distances smaller than a meter. This could work for me but I want to be able to access the RSSI in software.

I hope to differentiate between 0cm - 30/ 50 cm and futher. Do you think it is possible?

No. The accuracy of the RSSI value is nowhere near that good. Not by at least an order of magnitude.