Xbee libraries

Hi,

Does anyone knows what are the main diferences between the 2 xbee libraries present in the arduino playground:

• xbee-arduino
  • Arduino Xbee

What is the most robust and best to start with?

Cheers

The first one, xbee-arduino, is the more commonly used one. Which one to use, though, depends on what you want to do.

Hi,

I want to do simple comunication with spread sensors.

I was thinking of using the simpler and cheaper Xbee Series 1, and broadcast info to all the sensors.

Cheers

I was thinking of using the simpler and cheaper Xbee Series 1, and broadcast info to all the sensors.

What sensors are you broadcasting data to TO? Typically, you get data FROM a sensor.

Sorry...

I meant saying for example, broadcast a acquire order for all sensors. And then receive (or request from them the data first before receiving it) from all of them Data, one unit at the time.

broadcast a acquire order for all sensors. And then receive (or request from them the data first before receiving it) from all of them Data, one unit at the time.

Yeah, right. That will be a bit like taking 30 4-year-olds to an ice cream store, and asking what kind of ice cream they want. One answer at a time is not what you you will get.

You may broadcast a message, but that message needs to clearly define which other XBee is supposed to respond. Otherwise, all of them will be telling you what kind of ice cream they want.

So you confirm that the series 1 allows me to create point to multipoint connection correct?

If the xbee slave i want to comunicate with is cleary identified, the others will discard the message, and i will be able to comunicate with the one i want.

Right?

So you confirm that the series 1 allows me to create point to multipoint connection correct?

Yes.

If the xbee slave i want to comunicate with is cleary identified, the others will discard the message, and i will be able to comunicate with the one i want.

Right?

Yes and no. If the point XBee does a broadcast (send to all), all XBees will receive the broadcast message. The receiving XBees can not tell if the message was for them. The Arduino that the XBee is attached to CAN, assuming that the message contains some identifier, and each Arduino with XBee has a unique identification.