Xbee networking help?

How can i realize that network (attached to Pic.docx) efficiently? Which one of thoso nodes should be coordinator,router or end device?Which topology i can make?(tree,mesh,star etc.?)According to your solution which details must be taken acoount?If replyi,id be so happy.From now thanks

Pic.docx (48.1 KB)

Which one of thoso nodes should be coordinator,router or end device?

All of them should be one of those types.

Why are only 2 and 4 and 3 and 4 sharing RSSI data? Do you have a clue how useless RSSI data is as a measure of distance?

Which topology i can make?(tree,mesh,star etc.?)

The only one you can make is mesh. That's all that the Series 2 (mesh network) models support.

Why are only 2 and 4 and 3 and 4 sharing RSSI data? Do you have a clue how useless RSSI data is as a measure of distance?

RSSI measurements are essential for triangulation.

The only one you can make is mesh. That's all that the Series 2 (mesh network) models support.

How can i do mesh network in here?Can you give some details?Does it require extra software in XCTU? Can point to multipoint be another solution.(Node 4 coord===>Node 1 Router (point)===>Node 2,3(multipoints).Look forward to your reply.

Moreover thank you for your reply.

RSSI measurements are essential for triangulation.

Forget it. RSSI is not even a rough order of magnitude related to distance.

How can i do mesh network in here?

Assign one XBee the role of coordinator. Assign the others router or end device roles (usually router is preferred). Turn them on - instant mesh network.

Can point to multipoint be another solution.

No, not really. That involves broadcast mode, which is slow.