XBee point-to-point network

I have two Xbee S2 RF Modules and shields. I have configuerd according to a tutorial them to communicate with each other.

Their PAN-ID is same = 2001 I have the DL & SL like this;

Transmitter:
DL: 40B372B2
SL: 40B8F842

Reciever:
DL: 40B8F842
SL: 40B372B2

And I have a test code to see whether They work,

Transmitter:

void setup()
{
  Serial.begin(9600);
}

void loop()
{
  Serial.println("+");
  delay(2000);
}

Receiver:

void setup()
{
  Serial.begin(9600);
}

void loop()
{
  while(Serial.available() == 0);

char data = Serial.read();
  delay(50);

if(data=='+')
  {
    Serial.println("Transmission Recieved");
  }
}

This should print to the serial "Transmission Recieved" to the Serial Monitor, But it doesn't. The transmitters TX LED blinks every 2 secconds so I think the transmission works. At the reciever end the RX LED doesn't blink.

If theres a way to troubleshoot this and get this to work I would be happy to try, Thanks in advance, Bhashithe

If theres a way to troubleshoot this and get this to work I would be happy to try,

If you are attaching the XBee to the Arduino using duct tape, you might try using hot melt glue, instead.

If you are connecting the XBee to the Arduino in some other way, keeping that a secret is not the way to get help.

Hello Paul, I have XBee shields to connect Xbee module to Arduinos (one Uno and One Mega 2560).

If I have the DL & SL accordingly i wouldn't have to do anything else to get those two Xbees to connect with each other right?

If I have the DL & SL accordingly i wouldn't have to do anything else to get those two Xbees to connect with each other right?

Correct.

I have XBee shields

There are at least 3 in common usage. One is a piece of crap. The other two are not bad.

Ok, Sellar described a geeetech.com Xbee shield but I got the funduino.com shield (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281381230457)

Xbee modules are actually from digi.com they are S2.

I have configured & plugged them in correctly, but the thing is as per the tutorial the shield should ave a blinking LED if the xbee has found the network. This doesn't happen. The only LED which is on is the Activate one.

Got it to work somehow,

I made a Coordinator and a Router for the ZB network using X-CTU, works fine now :) I can light up an LED remotely :)