Xbee Setup Issues

Hello,

I recently just purchased a pair of Xbees, an explorer dongle, and a shield for the Arduino Uno. I'm trying to program them using the newest XCTU software on Mac. I tried something simple like setting the mode of the Xbee like this-

Tools > Firmware Explorer > XB24-ZB >Zigbee Coordinator AT > 20A7 (newest version) and then it says (updating user interface) and then it's done. But no changes have been made to the xbee at all. what am I doing wrong here and I apologize if this is a silly mistake. thanks for the help as always.

Hi friend i also bought a few xbees but i run windows so i cant help you
Hope you get it solved, so you can share you xbees codes with us

wkpedro:
Hi friend i also bought a few xbees but i run windows so i cant help you
Hope you get it solved, so you can share you xbees codes with us

thanks

Cool bro, i just started a new project with xbee + ethernet
If you wanna look or help http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=416558.0 theres link

thanks

travis_farmer:
I just got my Xbee kit :smiley:

are you trying to update the firmware, or just configure them?

when I configured, I first added the Xbee to the left column, then clicked on it. it brought up the current config values on the right. I changed the ID, DL, and MY values to suit my needs, and clicked the Write button.

~Travis

Trying to configure them. I need to know how to configure my xbee to be an AT Coordinator instead of AT router that it seems to default at

travis_farmer:
Hmmm, mine don’t seem to have those config values…

I have CE, Coordinator Enable? mine is set to End Device (0), but it has the option for Coordinator (1)

I am drawing a blank I guess.

~Travis

Where in the software can you choose between those two?

travis_farmer:
if you refer to the screen shot I attached on reply #3, and look at the bottom of the right column, you will see it.

Keep in mind, I am using Win8, not Mac, so there may be some differences.

HTH

~Travis

Oh, okay, I didn't notice that. Let me take a look. Thanks Travis!

Found the solution: Next to 'Read' and 'Write' there is a button 'Update'. Click that and you have all the different modes to choose from (AT Coordinator, AT Router, API Coordinator, etc.)