Xbee shield

Hi everybody. I’ve bought a new xbee shield with the module bee s2, how do I have to connect the module to the arduino UNO to make them work together? And what are the 6 male pins on the shield? Thank you

nicolopadovandev: how do I have to connect the module to the arduino UNO to make them work together?

I'm not familiar with the XBee shield, but likely what you do is plug the XBee module into the female header on the top of the shield (if it's not already attached to the shield, then plug the shield into the Uno.

Because the pins on the Uno are not symmetrical, it's impossible to plug it in backwards, but you should look carefully to make sure all the shield pins are going into the female headers on the Uno. One thing you have to look out for on some shields is that if you push the end near the USB jack of the Uno down too far, the metal can of the USB jack can short out some of the contacts on the shield. Some shields are designed so that this won't happen, but not all of them. Just peek between the Uno and the shield to make sure there's a bit of a gap between the top of the USB jack and the shield before you plug it in.

nicolopadovandev: And what are the 6 male pins on the shield?

That is the ICSP header. It will connect to the matching pins on the Uno. You likely won't do anything directly with those pins on your shield. They are just there so that if you put another shield on top of the XBee shield, it will also get those connections.

You can get some information on the ICSP header here: https://www.arduino.cc/en/reference/SPI