XBee Sleep mode (Pin Hibernation) problem

Hello,

I created a project using two XBees communicating with each other. The code works fine so I'm going to the last step in the project: reducing the power consumption. Therefore, XBee moduli supports multiple types of sleep modi. For this project the Pin Hibernation is used (set a pin of the XBee module on HIGH to let it sleep, set it to LOW to awake the XBee).

When setting the XBee sleep modus on 1 (= pin hibernation) the communication between the modules seems lost. They don't receive data from the other. Even when using the working code without sleep-functionality won't work. Till I the sleep modi on 0 again (no sleep modus).

Have you any idea what causes this problem? Or a solution?

Thanks in advance!

Greetings

Is the XBee in sleep? It can’t communicate over serial while sleeping.

That’s why you have it output that indicator pin, so you know when it’s sleeping and when it’s not so you can use it to communicate.

Sync-sleep mode may be useful.

DrAzzy: Is the XBee in sleep? It can't communicate over serial while sleeping.

That's why you have it output that indicator pin, so you know when it's sleeping and when it's not so you can use it to communicate.

Sync-sleep mode may be useful.

In my code using the sleep functionality, I can make the xbee go in sleep modus and awake from it. But the xbees don't manage to communicate anymore. Even without using the sleep functionality (so I keep the sleep pin on no voltage) so it stays awake. I tried my older code that doesn't use sleep functionality and won't work either. Just by setting the sleep modus parameter using XCTU. When resetting that value, the code works again.

Found the problem :)

There was a bad connection between the arduino and the xbee sleep pin.. Hours lost for sth stupid :D