Xbee uploading code and serial problem

Hi guys,

I tried to use 2 xbee to transmit and receive signal between 2 Arduino UNO boards.

First Problem: I use the Xbee adapter from adafruit Whenever I connect the RX of Xbee to TX on Arduino and TX of Xbee to RX on Arduino, there is a uploading problem.

I try to upload the code, but it always gives this message:

avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00

Even for the sample in the Arduino program gets this error. Please help me!!!!!

Second Problem: I read online that the Xbee should work simply by using the Serial command in the standard library. However, in the Reference page, the Serial functions do not seem to declare the pin. Is there any kind of default setting in Arduino for Serial functions? (i.e. always read from RX(D0), and always transmit through TX(D1))

Thanks in advance

I try to upload the code, but it always gives this message:

avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00

Even for the sample in the Arduino program gets this error. Please help me!!!!!

I suppose you could send me the Arduino, and I could unplug the XBee device wires, send it back to you to upoad the sketch, then send it back to me to plug the XBee device's wires back in. Seems like you could do that yourself, though.

I read online that the Xbee should work simply by using the Serial command in the standard library.

Online or in a book doesn't matter. It's true.

However, in the Reference page, the Serial functions do not seem to declare the pin.

No need to. Serial is an instance of the HardwaSerial class. The HardwareSerial is hardwired to specific pins - 0 and 1.

Is there any kind of default setting in Arduino for Serial functions? (i.e. always read from RX(D0), and always transmit through TX(D1))

Yep.