xBee-WF temp sensor directly to server

Hello, im trying to make a wireless temp sensor which send packets directly to my own server. The thing is im not pretty sure how to configure it. Im thinking about using x ctu software to do it, with it i can configure the network parameters like destination ip and port, SSID and so on however, i don’t know how to send an specific “plot” to my server which contains SSN, identifier (or something like that) and the signal provide by the temperature sensor in volts or Cº.

Thx very much.

Hello, im trying to make a wireless temp sensor which send packets directly to my own server.

You can't, using XBees. You CAN send data to the PC, but the PC then needs to get the data to the server. (No, it doesn't matter that the PC and the server are the same machine. There are completely different processes involved.)

Im thinking about using x ctu software to do it, with it i can configure the network parameters like destination ip and port, SSID and so on however,

Good idea, since that's the only software you can use.

however, i don't know how to send an specific "plot" to my server which contains SSN, identifier (or something like that) and the signal provide by the temperature sensor in volts or Cº.

The XBees replace wires. Use the EXACT same process you'd use if there were wires in place.

thx for ur answer but i have few questions about what u said:

You can't, using XBees. You CAN send data to the PC, but the PC then needs to get the data to the server. (No, it doesn't matter that the PC and the server are the same machine. There are completely different processes involved.)

I'm using xBee-Wifi module to connect a microcontroller board with i/o directly to my server using http calls with no problems and without any pc. The thing is now i dont want to use micro in this project. So cant i make this project without xbee to pc to cloud?

Good idea, since that's the only software you can use.

Well i could use any hyperterminal with AT commands.

Thx

I’m using xBee-Wifi module

Which isn’t an XBee as the rest of us understand the term, rendering my whole reply useless. Nice to mention that up front.

PaulS:
Which isn't an XBee as the rest of us understand the term, rendering my whole reply useless. Nice to mention that up front.