XCTU, Arduino 1, Xbee Shield v3.0, Explorer issues

I create this new topic following the dead thread:

The issue is:
I am using two XBee S1 modules. One is connected to the computer USB port through the Explorer breadboard. I can find it with the XCTU software, and send data (because the LED on the board flashes a bit when I send something)

The other is plugged into an XBee v3.0 shield (the one that has an USB/XBEE switch). That one is plugged into an Arduino UNO and finally to the same PC as before through USB.

I can't make them chat.

The only I've managed to do is make this code work:

void setup()
{
Serial.begin(9600);
}

void loop()
{
if (Serial.available())
{
Serial.write(Serial.read());
}
}

So when I write something in the XCTU, it is shown in the Arduino serial explorer, and echoed back to the XCTU console.

It would look like this:

XCTU console:

HelloHello

Arduino serial explorer:

Hello

Writing and sending in the Arduino console makes no effect.
I am also trying to use the Softwareserial header, but that doesn't work at all. Maybe because of the shield?

Ok, I have no clue what to try next. Hopefully this issue has been solved before (though couldn't find the solution in the forum).

Cheers,
Zelite

The other is plugged into an XBee v3.0 shield (the one that has an USB/XBEE switch).

Post a link to the shield, not a bunch of meaningless mumbo-jumbo.

Ok, I have no clue what to try next.

You have not said ANYTHING about how the the XBees are configured. digi is full of s**t when they say that no configuration is needed.

Might be useful to you, check out one of my post which explains the communication between Arduino and Raspberry pi using Arduino.