Xnucleo boards

I'm new to arduino and have an idea to build my own rally trip master. Just record gps data and proces it on a 7 seg display to start with.

Searching on the net, i've founds nice boards from waveshare. Is anyone familiar with:

It seems like these offer more power and options than for example uno.

Welcome. There was an extremely long thread on adapting the Arduino environment for STM32 boards recently, and they moved it over to here,
http://stm32duino.com/
They haven't quite gotten to doing very much with the F4 boards as yet.

Twdi:
It seems like these offer more power and options than for example UNO.

You are correct. They do.

If you need more power and options, and it is worth the substantial additional programming complexity.

Paul__B:
You are correct. They do.

If you need more power and options, and it is worth the substantial additional programming complexity.

"need" is a real key element: not because of increased complexity so much, but because the community is small and support is somewhat limited for novice users. We pretty much provide a core that is very close to that of an Arduino pro micro when run on either the Maple Mini clone or the Maple clone. Generic STM32F103 board support is iffy... we expect the end-user to be able do dig in and really work toward identifying issues; a devotion in time most newbies are not prepared to do.

If you are a newbie and need the power of 32-BIT uC, please read the thread on supported hardware before you purchase.
WiKi - here

Newbies should consider the Due and Zero before moving into non-supported (self support) area. Or the 3rd party supported Teensy3.1

Ray

Ok.
I saw the waveshare boards also offer mbed support and what i have seen on net, this could be nice too.

But i'm not sure now.
It would be great if i could use ms visual studio too

Maybe my idea for the xnucleo's is that i don't have also any idea about the performance for original arduino's and if they are fast enough for my idea to build a gps trip master for car rally's.

So connect a gps, 7 seg displays and some switch and calculate fast enough the distance, average speed