Xylotex voltage question

Electronics noob…well it’s been a while and I am brushing up

Got this old xylotex driver from a friend, and am trying to bring it back to life. The input voltage seems fine (+23v), but the rest of the test points on the board don’t seem to be running +5v, like the xylotex datasheet says (http://www.xylotex.com/XS3525V202.pdf)

I checked the Vcc/GND at the lower right corner, and the best reading I get is +0.05v

As a result, I am not able to verify the rest of the circuit and hence my motor doesn’t seem to be taking any load

Anyone run into a similar issue? Any help, greatly appreciated!

Thx

2011-11-22 20.20.23.jpg

Really? I thought that was a basic question!

I thought that was a basic question!

No it was an almost impossible question. It sounds like this:- I have this board but I have no schematic and it doesn't work, the only measurement I have made is that there is no subsidiary 5V from the internal DC-DC converter, what is wrong?

Well it looks like it is broken, without a schematic you have little chance. It is either the DC-DC converter that doesn't work or there is some component on the 5V line causing a short resulting in the output of the DC-DC converter being killed. But short of that, unless some one has experience servicing with this model then there is little hope.

While this forum has a great many members from a wide range of experience I would be surprised if any one of the forty or so active question answeres would have the required information. But then I could be wrong so give it a few days.

Ok, I agree this could be a specific one...so not that basic question. I did reference the schematic although the manufacturer didn't do a great job laying out the whole circuit, so I don't know where the DC-DC converter might be, or how it even looks like - is it the funnly looking coil in my picture?

Appreciate the time, Mike!

seekerky: Ok, I agree this could be a specific one...so not that basic question. I did reference the schematic although the manufacturer didn't do a great job laying out the whole circuit, so I don't know where the DC-DC converter might be, or how it even looks like - is it the funnly looking coil in my picture?

Appreciate the time, Mike!

Jeff from xylotex just replied, suggesting the circuit may be fried because of high-voltage/current. Anybody know what I can test on the circuit (or DC-DC converter) to confirm that?

I did reference the schematic

No you referenced the data sheet, this is just a how to use it sheet, there are no schematics in it.

I did reference the schematic

That is just a generic way of saying it is broken but it wasn't my fault some one must have abused the board. Or customer error as we say in the trade. Sadly it doesn't help you in any way in getting it fixed. If you could ask for a schematic then we might stand a chance.

Did you have the enable jumper on the pins? That helped for me