Yesterday I posted a question

asking if anyone knew how to get arduino to read stock quotes from a certain website which I also posted. Today the website I mentioned in the post is gone and now are added a litany of posts from readers insulting me and that the posting was spam etc.

I don't know who runs this website, but they clearly don't care about customers. You guys need to clean up your act or take it elsewhere.

No, yesterday, you posted the following topic with the title

https://www.alphavantage.co free stock quotes

(I think you can see why it looked spammy, and was reported to moderation as such)

And the text

But I can't get it two work from nodemcu. Has anybody had any luck with it?

(again, the terseness and poor spelling was reminiscent of spam)

Also, the topic was posted in "Programming questions" (that's been corrected now) yet no code was posted.

I read that post.
It looked like spam.
The moderator tried to get you to clarify why you posted something that looked like spam.
Your response did nothing to ease the concern that you were posting spam.
It looks like that post has been deleted.
Edit: your post is still there. I do not see insulting responses. Simply posts pointing out how your post looks like spam.

Do you want help how to get data from a website?
Post a request for such help.
Do not put the web site in the title.
Maybe even do not post the web site in the first post.

Mention what you have found in your google searches for how to get data from web sites.
Mention how your initial efforts to write code to get data from web sites have gone.
Post your code.

sevenoutpinball:
Today the website I mentioned in the post is gone

How could anybody make a website disappear?

You guys need to clean up your act or take it elsewhere.

The problem is your strange behavior. No one knows what to do about it.

For helpful hints on how to post a question, and expect a useful response, please read and follow the instructions in the "How to use this forum" post.

But please do take a moment to explain "what" we should take elsewhere.

coffeeBean:
How could anybody make a website disappear?

The website is there.
I checked.

I don't want to be accused of taking-down other sites.

You will be missed.

sevenoutpinball:
I don't know who runs this website, but they clearly don't care about customers. You guys need to clean up your act or take it elsewhere.

A lot of people do appreciate the free help they get on here from the many people who give up their time as volunteers.

The post looked like classic spam to me as well.

well I did make a mistake using two instead of to.

What I was hoping was that somebody would notice the website name and after having perhaps experience with it could point me in the right direction. I'm new to this whole reading websites with esp2866 thing.

You also failed to read and follow the directions in the "How to use this forum" post.

sevenoutpinball:
I'm new to this whole reading websites with esp2866 thing.

Start using a PC and curl.

Many web sites have been designed to prevent scraping. That may include measures to make it very hard to filter the information you need including randomisation of certain names that are not displayed in the browser, the use of javascript to fill in blanks, etc.

I would expect that "free stock quote" sites will have such precautions in place

Indeed curl is a good place to start; the "show source" function of your browser is another starting point.

Good luck.

sevenoutpinball:

Uh huh. And all the rest is people making things up.
You only made one meaningless little mistake that got turned into a mountain to tell forum members off from.

I am a bit confused…you have 78 posts on here.

We typically assume that after the first few posts a person has read
HOW TO USE THIS FORUM

And more specifically #6 about how to write a subject line.
May I suggest a refresher in reading HOW TO USE THIS FORUM

if you go into a hall in a convention and shout NEED HELP
you might get some passer by to engage.

if you shout need help interfacing ASD1115
you will get people who know about that exact thing to offer help.

as a note, if you spend some time thinking about this, it will help you leave phone messages that are useful and not, ‘call me back and only THEN will I tell you why I called’
and it will help you take useful phone messages.

but in our world here, it will help the dozen people out of 10,000 who can help you, to find your post.